Nevada Silver State Stars Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS)
- QRIS initiatives outline the components of “quality child care” utilizing standardized, research based criteria.
- Child care programs are assessed and given a number of “stars” to indicate what level the program has reached.
- QRIS initiatives lead to greater parent and community awareness of quality programs.
- Increased resources (coaching, grant funds, and trainings) offered through QRIS help child care programs improve and sustain higher quality.
- Across the US, all states are either operating a QRIS, piloting a QRIS, or creating a QRIS for early care and education programs.
Every early childhood program in Nevada facilitates healthy growth and development which prepares and promotes children’s success in school as measured by the state rating system.
Establish a standard to measure and improve the quality of early childhood programs and educate families, providers, and the community.