The Strong Start for Children’s Campaign has a Recognition Program for Businesses that are Early Learning Champions in Nevada. This Recognition Program is designed to recognize businesses that have policies, practices and/or infrastructures that support their employees with children ages 0-8 or that help the Nevada early learning community. Is your employer doing something great like this? Let us know about their good work by nominating them below!
1. Display a Strong Start for Children poster in the employee break room and/or hand out brochures on the importance of early learning.
2.Adopt family-friendly Workplace policies such as flex-time, maternity/paternity leave, on-site child care, child care payment assistance, family oriented work environments, etc.
3. Support a local early learning program
4. Join ReadyNation
5. Publicly endorse early learning policies as part of the economic development agenda
Click here for additional examples of ways you can be an Early Learning Champion!
1. The first step to nominating your employer to become an early learning champion is to fill out the short nomination form below. Please be sure to include the name of the business, your contact information, and a brief description of the actions the business has taken to help employees with children ages 0-8 or the Nevada early learning community.
2. Upon receiving the nomination form, Strong Start for Children will be in contact via email or phone to update you on the timeline to review your employer.
3. The Strong Start Advisory Council will meet to review the nomination and determine if your employer has taken the appropriate steps to become an Early Learning Champion. If necessary, a Strong Start Team Member may reach out to you to obtain additional information or documentation on the action(s) your employer has taken to support early learning.
4. Once your application has been reviewed, Strong Start for Children will provide information on your employer's Early Learning Champion status. If selected as an Early Learning Champion, Strong Start for Children will reach out to your business to inform them of the nomination and ensure they'd like to move forward with the process.
1. Have business name and logo highlighted on the Strong Start for Children’s website
2. Recognized as an Early Learning Champion on all Strong Start social media channels.
3. Receive an Early Learning Champion Award to display at your business.
4. Chance to be featured in a Strong Start ad in local Nevada business magazines.